Sunday, January 30, 2011

A finish!

I finished the stitching on this AGES ago, but put off the final finishing for a while since it seemed a bit involved (which it was). It was in a kit that I got in this grab bag (errrr, box) back in 2008. The kit originally came with white fabric, but I substituted in a scrap of light green so the white beads of the snowman would stand out better.

I haven't had a lot of time for stitching lately, but I've been trying to do the "15 minutes a day" approach that I've seen on a few other blogs. Even if I only get 15 minutes in, it's 15 minutes that I can slow down and concentrate only on fabric and thread. :)

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas kitty #1

I stayed up probably too late finishing the back stitching on the first of the Christmas kitty ornaments I picked up in a kit late last year (I'm such a sucker for a sale and cute kitties).

This is the first time in a while that I've worked on something in 14ct (plastic canvas in this case)! I picked up a small scanner to have at home with some of the bonus money I got at Christmas, so this is a scan of the piece, rather than a photo. I'll probably start scanning more of the small projects in directly since finding good light for photos in my apartment is difficult sometimes.

I've started working on a little blackwork bookmark this afternoon - pics when I have enough progress that it actually looks like something. :)

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy New Year!

I was shocked to see how long it had been since my last post when I went to write this post today! Of course that also means that I haven't been doing a lot of stitching lately, but hopefully I'll be able to get some more in for this new year.

Looking back on 2010, I did meet at least one goal and finished Halloween Fairy, although I still have one large project left that I need to finish (Catherine of Aragon) which will have to be a goal of 2011. I also want to start to make a dent in some of the old kits I still have around.

In lieu of recent stitching, here are two older projects that I was recently able to finally get some photos of. The first is, I think, the first "over one" on a small count (28 ct in this case) project that I did. It was originally a gift for my grandmother and now is at my dad's. The pattern was from a British magazine from the 1990s, but I don't know which one.

And the second is the largest needlepoint project I've ever done. It was from a kit and I probably stitched it at some point from the late 1990s to early 2000s.

I'm almost done with the first of six kitty cat Christmas ornaments that I picked up last year and I think I'll set it aside after I finish the one I'm working on. I just hope they don't turn in to another set of "15 year ornaments" like the batch I finally finished a few years ago!