Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dragons, framing and fabric



I actually did this framing over a week ago, so I'm a little behind. This piece has had the stitching finished on it for about 4 and a half years, and now it is finally in its frame. I didn't get the tension exactly right, so there is a slight bump visible, but other than that, I'm pretty happy with it. (And the bump doesn't show up as much as it does in the photo, since there was bright light to the side.) Right now it is sitting on the mantle in the living room since I haven't figured out where I want to hang it.



Next up is a progress photo of the Heritage Stitchcraft dragon, although it's a but out of date. I've actually done the top band now too, but no photo right now.



And last but not least, my first batch of Silkweaver "Fabric of the Month" fabric arrived! I'm on the rotating schedule, since I wanted a variety of counts, colors, types and sizes. I don't have anything in mind for the pink fabric, but I know just the thing for that sparkly light purple fabric! Stay tuned, since I'll probably stitch it up during Spring Break, when I'm planning on taking a lot of time of off work.

Monday, February 18, 2008

New stash!

This actually came in a couple of weeks ago but I'm just now getting around to posting it. I saw on another stitch blog that Designs by Lena Rose were closing up shop and selling off their stitching supplies in a "grab bag" of basically how much stuff could be crammed into a priority mail box. Below are the items they put in my box... all of which I got for a grand total of $22 (including shipping). There were only a couple of things that I probably won't use, so it was a GREAT deal. I was really happy to get some more sizes of pearl cotton so I can play with hardanger embroidery (and I got a huge piece of white 22 ct. fabric for it too!). I also now have my first overdyed Watercolours thread to play with!



Sunday, February 17, 2008

Belated photo of a finish!

I meant to post this ages ago, but I've been very busy and then I had some computer issues (back light went out on my laptop... which makes it pretty useless!). But now everything is back up and running.

So, here is the completed Texas Panorama, although the mounting and framing still needs to be done. I have in mind the kind of frame that I want for it, but I need to write down some measurements and then catch a sale on frames.



I did a little Mill Hill beads snowflake ornament kit last weekend, but I haven't finished it yet (I'm thinking about doing a fabric backing on it), so no photos.

My next big project is a Heritage Stitchcraft kit that I bought a few years ago. It came with 14 ct. Aida, but I've switched it out with a 28 count evenweave (just a generic one from Michael's, I think). I actually started it over Christmas, but I'm going to wait until a bit more is done to post a picture.